I.C.Fashion

I.C.Fashion
Photo Credits: Irene

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Book Lust: 10+1 books we're craving!

Image from Apartment Therapy


Irene's Picks:
Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty by Andre Bolton
If there is anything I love more than books, it's big coffee table books with amazing phtography, amazing fashion photography! Judging from the sneak peek on Amazon, this book is filled with the ahh-mazingness that is McQ's creations.

Mrs. O: The Face of Fashion Democracy by Mary Tomer
Do I even need to explain why we all should own this book? The Jackie O. of our times, who is modern, chic and know how to work it at each end of the price spectrum without a single fashion mistep. As quoted from the book, "Michelle Obama's personal style has become a remarkle common ground, connecting us in a real and human way..." For that reason alone this is a serious must have.

Hip Hop: A Cultural Odyssey by (multiple authors)
Although the exhibit is no longer at the Grammy Museum, you can still own a piece of Hip Hop history. Having had the opportunity to see the exhibit and the book, I find myself in dire need of this huge leather bound $300 collection of hip hops greats. Maybe Santa will be good to me at Christmas!

Your Degrees Won't Keep You Warm at Night by Damon Young and Panama Jackson
Ahh yeah! The Fine Educated Uber Talented men of Very Smart Brothas (aka VSB) have turned their succesful blog into a book  filled with great advice tailored to the Buppies, HBC Alumni's and everyone else inbetween who follows.

When the Thrill is Gone by Walter Mosley
Anyone who knows me weel, knows that I am head over heels in love with Walter Mosley's work. I have a serious collectionof his books, so it's a no brainer that I have to own this latest piece.


Courtney's Picks:
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
I've seen the trailer for this movie and it looks like it'll be VERY GOOD, but I would like to read the book as well so I can see where the storyline comes from.

Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin
I recently saw this with the Ladies of my family on Mother's Day and we all really loved the movie.

Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
Ok being a shopaholic myself, what better way to embrace it than to read a book about it? I know the series has been out for awhile (about 5 books now), but hey, better late than never right?

One Fifth Avenue by Candace Bushnell
I'm a HUGE Candace Bushnell fan! She writes about a city I dream to live in one day, New York. This is like a sexy, female powered version of Melrose Place and I'm excited to see what characters she has in store for us this time. 

Audrey Hepburn by Barry Paris
I have been an Audrey Hepburn fan since the first movie I saw with her in it, and that was a very long time ago. So, it's only natural that I HAVE to have a book  that has to do with her. She has always been and always will be my number one idol.


Our Fabulous "Plus One"...


No comments:

Post a Comment